Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boring....

Well I've already written about how bored I am waiting for baby to arrive. However I've come to a realization. I'm boring. That's right. I'm boring to talk to! I've always been a chatter box, however now what do I always talk about? Pregnancy. Babies. Daycare. That's it. Boring.

Sure most my friends now are at the same stage in life as me. Having kids etc. And all mom's like to talk about their kids. But it comes to a point when you get bored talking about that. I'm longing for adult conversation that doesn't include just kid stuff.

Orlund and I were discussing this very topic last night. I need a hobby (or hobbies). Sure I do scrap booking, card making, cross stitching etc however those aren't the kind of hobbies you can really talk about ~ not for more than a minute or two anyway. I need other 'hobbies'. Even just different things around the house. Like "I'm painting such and such a room" or "I'm growing a garden" etc etc, things that people can ask about, or you can even get suggestions from them about. I love hearing about what everyone else is doing so try to get them to talk, however usually eventually the conversation comes to you, and if you aren't doing any of that stuff there isn't much to talk about.

So you might be wondering what do I have up my sleeve for hobbies around the house? Well........ I'm working on that. Right now I'm going to just stick with getting my house ready for this baby, nothing but basic cleaning etc. However this summer we are going to try to grow a garden. And I need to keep on top of my flower bed out front. Those are a couple things. Orlund and I also want to build a thing out front to keep people/vehicles off our lawn (bricks, plants etc). I would LOVE to repaint our fence too. However I'd only want to do the 'outside' of it because on the inside there are bushes and sheds etc to go around (much more work). The entire fence needs to be cleaned then painted, it'll be a big job and probably not one we can afford to do this year.

Other than those few things I don't have much planned. I do plan to go for a walk every single day (rain or shine), however that's not really something you can talk about. I think I'm going to have to get my mom to help me pick out a few other things. This is when I miss going to work, talking with the public etc. I wouldn't trade being a stay at home mom, however I do need that adult interaction. My mom told me to make sure I got out and got some, however it didn't sink in how true that is until this past week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment