Tuesday, March 30, 2010

power of suggestion?

It's amazing how things can or cannot happen just do to the power of suggestion. So as my last post updated you all, Baby had dropped some and Doc predicted baby to come early.

Well the next evening I talked to my mom online and we joked around how my Doctor predicted Joy to be early and she was 10 days late! However she hadn't dropped and I didn't have any of these discomforts. I told her I'd keep baby in till she arrived...

Apparently though I couldn't get what the doctor said out of my head.... That night shortly after Orlund had fallen into a deep sleep I started to get contractions. I knew they weren't the 'real' deal however they hurt, were regular so got my mind going! It didn't take long before I almost felt like I was in a state of panic! I don't want this baby to come out so close to mom getting home. I finally decided I couldn't take the contractions (just very uncomfortable) so got up out of bed and took a little walk around the house. It was a still night, with pale blue moon light filtering through the closed blinds. I circled through the upstairs a few times, pausing here and there to think. The cramping went away and I was able to think clearly. This baby is going to come when it wants to, when the Lord sees fit and I don't really have any say in that. What is the point in stressing over something I can't control? After I had a little pep talk with myself I headed back to bed. As I snuggled in Orlund rolled over and asked if everything was okay, yes it is now.

Since my pep talk I've been feeling GREAT! I even went for a short walk with my Girlfriend last night and didn't end up being worn out or crampy. It's amazing how the power of suggestion can make your body do things. So I've relaxed and while yes I'm still going to take things easy, I'm not going to stress. Stress after all isn't good for this little one growing inside me. Although since I've been feeling so good again I'm starting to feel this baby might come late!

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment