Tuesday, March 23, 2010

weight gain...

I know~ 2 posts in one day!! I must be bored ;)

I was just thinking about this past weekend. We went to a party. Well after the food, presents and cake the men headed downstairs to watch the hockey game. Us ladies (and most the kids) stayed upstairs and talked about ~ what else? ~ Pregnancy and babies. There were 5 of us women, 3 of us pregnant and the other two Grandmas. We got on the topic of weight gain during pregnancy. I made a joke (although true) that I was doing real good as I've only gained 5lbs so far (keep in Mind I'm 37 weeks pregnant). Then one of the gals said "my doctor say's if you've not gained at least 8lbs something isn't right". She wasn't saying something was wrong with me or LO, she was just being herself making me seem in the wrong. (I don't know if she knows she does this, or does it unintentionally, but she still does it). I laughed and said "well yes, however according to my doctor I've gained 11Lbs". I gave up trying to defend what I was trying to say and just let it go ~ as usual.

So it got me thinking when we got home, how much weight have I gained?
I lost 15lbs right away due to 'morning' sickness. During that time, when I'd only lost 6lbs, I went to the doctor and they weighed me. At the beginning you don't go to the doctors very often so they never weighed me at my lowest. Over and above my pre-pregnancy weight I've only gained 5lbs. So in reality from my lowest weight I've gained 20lbs. As far as my doctor knows I've gained 11Lbs. So I'm right on track. I've gained the 20lbs you are 'supposed' to gain, however I look amazing (so I've been told) as I'm only 5lbs heavier looking. I think I can handle that :)

Well 2.5 weeks left to go!!! Common April, hurry it up would ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment