Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preggy or Lazy?

I say Preggy!

Today, a beautiful sunny day, I took Joy and Grace outside to play in the backyard. They wandered around picking up rocks (Joy LOVES rocks), rolling around on the grass (Joy HATES grass), and sliding down the slide. Oh and trying to chase the cat whenever they noticed her. I sat on our gliding chair. It was nice, peaceful and relaxing. I was watching the girls walk back and forth on our rock pathway, when I realized there were weeds growing. So feeling good I got up, and started weeding. I only got about half the weeds pulled before I had 'pulling' in my tummy. So I went back and rested on the glider. How silly! I couldn't even pull 50 weeds! and they are just little ones that come out easily.

So I sat for a bit longer looking over our yard. Raking. It desperately needs to be raked. Our back yard is completely fenced, then around the entire yard (minus the "garden") is a rock section a couple feet wide. In the rocky section is where all the trees are planted. Well due to the trees the rocks need to be raked and cleaned out, the grass needs to be raked to get rid of the dead grass. Oh I was motivated! I wanted to get that place spotless! One issue, I'd have to go all the way up stairs to get the key for the shed (stairs not fun when preggy, or when kids are outside). Then I thought about it a bit more....I couldn't pull 50 weeds, and the motion needed for raking is like vacuuming ~ not so fun at 37weeks pregnant.

So I stayed on the glider and chit chatted with the kids, pointing out airplanes, helicopters and birds. This is the time of year I get motivated for out door chores.... This is also the time in my pregnancy that I can't do most those chores. sigh. I guess I'll have to get Orlund to do them, or do them once my mom arrives to help bring on labor....

No comments:

Post a Comment