Friday, March 26, 2010

Sooner than we thought?

So today was my doctors apt. I don't know if it was for my 37weeks or 38weeks. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so I assume it's the 38week one.

I have been feeling alittle ill lately, with random cramping, Braxton Hicks and a few real contractions. I noticed after our walks on Tuesday and Thursday that the next day I felt drained and had more of all the noted above 'symptoms' and extra pressure down there.

The doctor did my heart rate ~ perfect. Then measured my tummy, "you've dropped some" he said! WHAT!?!?!? REALLY???? "Looks like things are moving along, could be any day now"... I looked down at my tummy and said "Not until April 5th, k?". The doctor looked at me and asked why "my mom comes home April 4th" I replied. "well if you want to make it that long you're going to have to spend more time on your back then your feet. And tell your mom to be on stand-by"... Well that's not really possible! lol. However I have decided to do my best to keep this baby baking!! So no more night walks with Orlund and Joy. I mean I can't get completely off my feet, however no extra walking etc for me. The doc also noted that babies head was no longer 'loose' down there but snug and in position.

So really it's exciting that this baby might be early. Also not so exciting! I want baby born between April 5th-10th, and I'm just praying the Lord see's that to be a fitting time frame too. I've always wanted an April baby and if I'm going to hold out till the 1st might as well make it to the 5th right? We are SO close to my mom being home I just want to make it till she is home. 9 sleeps, just 9 sleeps + 1 for her to rest ;)

That all being said I told Orlund. And although he agrees to try to keep baby in (letting it all go natural) he seemed to find the bumpiest roads on the way home, and took me out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant ~ one that I happen to LOVE their spicy sauce... I think he's wanting baby out!!
I also told him mom. She's so cute and so awesome :) Her labor for Orlund was around 12 hours, with her second, Twyla, it was from beginning to end only 45minutes!! So she's thinking/worrying that baby will come that fast. She's offered to watch Joy (+ Gracie) if need be, to take me to the hospital or what else we might need. She's such a help. And although I love her help, I hope we wont need to take her up on it to soon :)

Well there is my update for today.... now I need to go tend to a teething baby :(
God Bless,
and Please keep us in your "keep baby in till April 5th" prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment