Monday, March 22, 2010

To Do

To do..... To do... this list is extensive, but I figure I'll write it out for the world to see. This is all in preparation for baby's arrival...

1) Pick up, wash and set up baby bassinet (hand-me-down from friend).
2) Finish washing baby clothes (just the take home outfit and receiving blankets).
3) Clean out car and install car seat base.
4) Clean out Master bedroom (it's got a bit crazy with laundry piles).
5) Dust entire house (including base boards).
6) Finish emptying office/spare room of items that don't belong (and set up as bedroom for my parents to stay in while helping with baby).
7) Do a general cleaning through the house, vacuuming, window washing, etc etc.
8) Make baby birth announcements (rather hard when don't know gender).
9) Out door work, flower beds etc.
10) Put away, pull out, and organize kids toys.
11) Do more pregnancy photo's.

That doesn't sound like that long of a list. However I'm still working which cuts into cleaning/organizing time. And actually adds to the load. I organized the kids room a few weeks ago however due to the girls playing in there it doesn't look very organized now.
I have another list sitting here in front of me, which has 18 items on it, however it is just a more detailed list of the above 11 items.

I do of course also want to work on Joy's baby book (she's almost two and I only have a few pages done) and to finish off the cross stitch I've been working on for 4 years already for my mom...... My girlfriend is coming over this next weekend so we will get some work done on the scrapbooks but I don't know when I'll do the cross stitch. It's not really something you can do with a toddler running around.

EXCITING NEWS however~
It's only 13 sleeps till My mom is home :)
Which means it's 19 sleeps till Baby's due date :)
Which in turn also means it's 20 sleeps till my 26th Birthday :)

Time is going quickly, but slowly at the same time. I'm shocked when half the day is over (nap time) and I have yet to get out of my PJ's or do any real work. However it feels like an eternity for the week to end. But when we finally reach Saturday (meaning I'm another week closer) it blows my mind!!!

I'm very excited for baby to arrive. I'm also a little afraid. I know how much work a newborn takes and this time I'll be topping it off with a two year old toddler and a 2.5year old daycare girl. I'm looking forward to having energy and flexibility again, however I know that too takes time to return. I just hope my Hubby realizes the extra work too (I think he does) so that I can rely on him for a little extra help (He was awesome when Joy was born so I'm sure he will be this time to).

Well I'd better go book a hospital tour before I forget and we have this baby! lol. (no we don't actually need a tour, however I want to make sure they still provide the things they did last time. And it'll be fun to refresh my memory of labor.).

No comments:

Post a Comment