Monday, June 14, 2010

Windy?

Sunday afternoon Orlund and I decided we should head out on a little walk. Usually on Sunday's we drive to the park and have fun on the playground. This Sunday however we decided to walk over to a small playground that's close to our home (never been before). Orlund was pushing Joy on her trike while I had Olivia in a stroller. It was windy (as our town usually is), but it was really windy. Joy and Olivia were already loaded up and excited to go. So I covered Olivia's stroller with a quilt and out we went. Joy's hat got blown off after about 5minutes, which I almost jumped onto the street to get! oops. As we rounded the second to last corner before the playground a huge gust of wind came up, it almost ripped the stroller out of my hands, we got sand blasted! It was awful! At least I wasn't worried because Olivia was covered. She let out a little cry but I figured it was because of the stroller rocking in the wind. We turned around and headed home.

After arriving home I took Olivia out of the stroller. I noticed some sand on her blanket (that was under the quilt). I shook it out, it was full of sand! I then looked closer at her, she had bits of sand all over her! So did Joy. I had to give them both a bath to get the sand off, and even then I kept finding more of it!! The walk wasn't even 10minutes long!!!

Guess I wont head out when it looks like it'll be getting windier. Just to much sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment