Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wow, okay....curve ball!

I've already filled you in on my wonderful surprise New years day ~ Mom coming home. Want to hear how the rest of my days have gone so far? New years day was Friday. Saturday Orlund, Joy and I hung out at home, Orlund did leave for a bit to pick up our dishwasher with his parents. I was waiting to eat lunch with him (until dinner time) to find out he ate with his parents before picking up the dishwasher ~ oops, communication. But I was happy, I had my dishwasher. Sunday was nice, went to church, had my mom and dad over for lunch. Then Mom and I got to hang out for a while. Unfortunately on New years day Joy picked up a cold. And she decided to start teething. So NO sleeping. NO naps. Lots of snot and drool though. Poor girl.
Monday finally arrived. I was excited. 1) I was getting my dishwasher installed. and 2) Orlund was back to work and I could get back to my routines. That sounds bad. However having him home throws off my routine, it throws his off too. I'm sure everyone feels this way, probably why people are excited for kids to go back to school. I wanted to spend the day cleaning and getting organized. Which I did. Didn't do as much as I'd wanted to however got the essentials done.
And I LOVE my dishwasher... what a BLESSING! takes 5minutes to do dishes instead of an hour!! (of my time that is).

Tuesday morning...... I was up with Orlund, actually I was up before him (bladders with a baby ontop do that). We both got ready for work (first day with Grace back). I headed downstairs when I heard him shovelling snow off the driveway. I was reorganizing the toy room (one of the things I didn't get done) when I heard this horendous noise. It wasn't crying, or shouting, just a loud like groaning. I ran outside in my white socks to see a neighbor start down our driveway, I rounded the car to see Orlund sprawled out on the driveway groaning! "I broke my leg" he said. the neighbor and I both looked at his leg, the left one, it was twisted up weird. The neighbor said "looks like a sprain" as he started to reach for it, then Orlund said "I heard it snap" the neighbor backed his hands up and said "it looks broken". The neighbor then helped Orlund to his feet, he asked first if Orlund could put pressure on it at all "nope". Then as Orlund stood up he stepped on his left foot. Both the neighbor and I looked and he asked "you can put pressure on it?" "no, it's my other foot". Here we were both thinking it was the left foot when in fact it was the RIGHT foot! I'm so thankful the neighbor was there, he helped load orlund into the passenger side of our car. NOW WHAT? I couldn't just leave, Grace was due to arrive any minute! And we don't have a car seat for her. So I figured I'd call her parent's cell phone. off. Okay, I'll call Orlund's mom, she can drive here then take him and I can stay with the kids (I wanted to go but this made the most sense). So I called her up, woke her up, and she headed out the door.(and it was Hazel's birthday, new way to start the day "Hi mom, Happy birthday can you drive me to the hospital? I broke my leg!") Grace arrived and it seemed like forever for Hazel to get here (it wasn't). After explaining that we wouldn't be able to move Orlund and so she had to drive our car they were off. And I was left at home watching Grace (Joy was asleep) and wanting to know what happened.

He BROKE his leg! That's right, just above the ankle. Luckily it was a clean break. So no resetting etc. Just casted ~ for 6 weeks. So now, after my excitement of getting into routine, I have my husband home. Unable to do pretty much anything! It's actually kinda interesting. I find anyway. I feel more like doing things (cleaning etc) now that he's here. Kinda like he doesn't expect me to do it (preggy etc), but he can't so I feel more like I'm doing it for him and it seems to motivate me more...SHHHHH, don't tell him that though ;)

So now I have to get up everymorning to drive him to work (he's off for this week though). I don't mind getting up earlier, I just don't like getting Joy up earlier. Oh well you do what you have to do. I don't know if I'll be able to ever get her back to sleeping in until 10am, but this is what has to happen.

Still after the broken leg we convinced Hazel not to cancel her birthday dinner (we had been waiting for it, dinner out). So we got there, Orlund hobbled about, and it was good!

Well that's all I'll blab about for now. It's bedtime. I need my rest for tomorrow (Grace is here), I was out today and it sure wears me out!

God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment