Saturday, January 2, 2010

Start of the New Year

New Years Eve wasn't what we had hoped it to be. We rented a movie. After watching 15minutes (or less) we shut it off. Gross. Luckily we had a few episodes of 'friends' so enjoyed that for an hour or so. then went to bed around 11pm.

New years Day we wanted to head out to my Brother's house to have dinner with him and my dad. My Dad had just returned from Thailand from visiting my mom and their 20 other kids. We wanted to be out of the house at 10am to ensure lots of sleighing time with Joy. We got out at quarter to 11. By the time we got to my Bro's house it was almost noon and we were hungry!
My Dad was all excited and wanted us to open our Christmas gifts, which both Orlund and I found strange but went along with it anyway (who say's no to gifts?). My dad ran downstairs and returned carrying a suitcase. "you have to open it" Dad said. We started to open it and try to get Joy to help. I then noticed my brother in the corner of my eye at the top of the stairs with the camera. Next to him stood a lady. I stared at her for a good few seconds (felt like minutes) trying to decide if it really was her. How could it be? MY MOM?!?!?! I jumped to my feet and gave her a hug. I screamed when I got up, scared Joy ~ poor girl. I couldn't contain the tears, I was getting the hug I'd longed for for so long. Every person you love has a specail way of hugging. Not one is the same. And Mom hugs just always seem at the top of the list (especially when you don't get them all the time).
Mom had flown home with Dad and is home for a month. Unfortunately she's staying a good 40minutes out of town. I love winter but I hate winter driving... and I booked my entire next week full! Next week I am definetly keeping it open! ('cept work of course).

Well that was the most wonderful start to the New Year I could have ever asked for. I pray yours was as good, and your year be filled with wonderful moments just like this one. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment