Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Names?

I have a few things to blog about. Not just names.

I am 29weeks and 4days pregnant! I can't believe I only have February and March before my mom is back and this baby will make his or her appearance ~ hopefully not until my mom returns. Mom leaves in 3 sleeps. *sniff*. I'm going to miss her. However I have ensured I'll keep busy until she arrives. Feb is dedicated to Joy's scrapbook. My 2.5 weeks off at the end of Feb, beginning of March, is dedicated to 'nesting'. lol. I am going to go through Joy's clothes, packing unpacking what she now fits for clothing. Going to go through all the boxes of newborn clothes, blankets, toys etc. Organize the kids room so it's all ready. Pack our hospital bags, write out schedules for my mom (she'll be looking after Joy and depending on labor day Gracie as well), and buying anything I need to stock up on. Also doing a 'spring' cleaning so the whole house is ready for my husband, mom, mom-in-law and anyone else who braves entering the house. I'll stock up on groceries (that aren't going to go bad). Cook food and freeze it and all that goodness.
March is then dedicated to finishing my mom's cross stitch. I gave it to her as her 50th birthday present, that was a 'few' years ago now and I just need to get it done! Then April is making some cards etc, April 4th my mom arrives and from then until baby is born is play time with mom and Joy. I think lots of swimming too!

I am addicted to coffee! Yup. ME. I always thought people were messed up (so to speak) for needing their coffee intake daily. I can do without it, just don't want to! And here I am pregnant so not supposed to be drinking coffee. I now (due to Orlund busting his leg) make coffee. Pour it into a jar once cooled. Place jar in fridge. When want a coffee, fill glass 1/2 full with coffee. fill other 1/2 with milk. Add sugar, hint of Carmel. Enjoy. And I do enjoy it!

I have heartburn. nice thing to follow coffee eh? But I eat a tums and I have heartburn. I don't get heartburn from milk, water, and that's about it. Oh and apples. I can eat an apple without getting heartburn, but once the apple is out of my stomach the heartburn hits again. Old wives tale (they say has some scientific foundation) says if you have heartburn in pregnancy your baby will have lots of hair. Joy had lots of hair. With Joy I didn't have 1/3 the heartburn I do this time. This baby is going to come out with shoulder length hair!!! (or watch I'll be the exception and baby will be bald!).

So onto Names ~ Sorry I don't blog much, so when I do I have a lot to catch up on. Back in the day before we got pregnant with Joy we picked out 2 girl names, and 3 boy names. Since having Joy we decided we didn't like the other girl name as much as a new name we just picked. And since Joy 2 of our boy names have been used by close friends (they didn't know our names we kept them all secret). However our baby boy name #1 wasn't taken, still isn't. However recently we've become unsure of it. So I've been looking through baby names. I've found one we both like, and so far like it better than the name we had all along. We still aren't 100% sure though. I still have my 100,000 baby name book to look through. Wish me/us luck! We find it funny that with Joy we were deciding between the two names when she was born, but had the boy name 100%. Now it's the opposite, we have a girl name but not 100% on the boy name... maybe that means it's a boy? I'm tempted to find out, but I wont. this is a surprise I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment