Saturday, November 14, 2009

The season for Lists.

I'm a list person. That's right. I have lists for EVERYTHING! Don't believe me? HA! I can't remember anything unless I write it down. I have never had the best memory, then throw in having a baby and now this pregnancy, and I almost have to have lists to tell me where I put my lists! Cleaning the house? I have lists. I write a list almost everyday, not that I always complete the lists, but I write them. When I worked I would write lists as to what to do throughout the day. Even if I didn't have any customers I had a full day of work listed out hour by hour. That way if I didn't have any customers I always had stuff to do, and wouldn't have time to let my mind wander or waste time. And if I did have customers then I knew exactly what needed to be done between them. I love lists, I really do. I lose them, rewrite them, but I always have a list.

Grocery shopping I make a list of what we need, then I rewrite it so that I can walk through the store in the same order I always do and pick everything up in order. No back tracking, no getting confused. Straight forward. List.

Cleaning I make a list, sometimes I even make a list of how long each of these things will take and put them together so my day is down to the minute planned out. (hard with a toddler, but still partly duable). I also have boxes next to them to check them off when done, then scratch them out when completely done... see I will have "clean bedroom", and later "vaccuum upstairs". Therefore after I clean the bedroom I will check off the box, then only after I've vaccuumed will I cross it off the list completely. Some people may think, "why not just get to work, you're wasting time making a list". Not for me! I need the list to keep focused and motivated. If I don't have it, I forget what needs to be done, or I just peeter out.

Christmas time, the most wonderful time of the year, also for us list makers it means many many more lists. Lists for parties ~ people to invite, food to buy, food to prepare, house to clean, drinks to serve, etc. Lists for gifts ~ for us, for you, for them etc. Lists for decorating ~ time organizing as I call it. Lists for schedule ~ events, dinners, parties, get togethers, fun in the snow time, etc etc. honestly I LOVE Christmas, not just for the fun and fellowship but for the lists. Almost everyone you see shopping will have a list. I know I will. Heck I already have lists everywhere!

I hope you find as much Joy out of lists as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment