Friday, November 27, 2009

Colds + Work

Well I finally got a job :) That's right. I now have a little 2 year old girl I watch every tuesday and thursday from 8-10hours a day. Her name is Grace, and she is so much fun to have around! She can talk, which just blows my mind, can't wait till Joy can talk. Her Dad drops her off around 7:30am and we get some one on one time to play, perfect time to play with the toys Joy isn't allowed yet (like Play Doh). Joy wakes up around 9:30-10am, which is right when Grace likes her morning snack. So I am able to sit them both down and feed them both and myself :) We then change diapers, get Joy dressed and head out for a walk. I do the walking... trying to have two kids walk beside the stroller isn't the easiest! (and way to many people speed around here). So I put them in the double stroller and this pregnant lady gets her work out! After the walk we return home and spend anywhere from an hour to two playing in the toy room. Then we head upstairs and I make lunch, or put them down for naps... depending. Grace naps for 1-3hours. and Joy only naps for 2 hours. I have to put Grace down first otherwise Joy seems to think she's missing out. Then once they are both settled in and I've cleaned up a bit in the kitchen I sneak into our room (Grace sleeps in playpen at foot of bed) and Tipsy and I slip into bed for our nap. Either right after I put Grace down or just before she gets up I get to spend some one on one time with Joy, I think she needs it. I have only watched Grace 2times so far, but they have both been wonderful! The first day Joy really wasn't sure about sharing toys, but day two was better.

Now about colds. Joy seems to have one. We believe she's had one for a while, due to her bad sleeping a few weeks back. But today after her nap (which I had to wake her up from) I noticed when breathing her nose did the 'squeak'of being a bit plugged up. I too have been fighting something off. Please pray we don't get sicker but that this is the tale end of it, we just got Grace, we don't want to be sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment