Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Been a while

Hello Blog! it's been a while! I'm pregnant!! Yup that's the exciting new news in our house. Okay so it's not such new news now as I am already 17weeks along. How did we find out you might ask? maybe you wouldn't ask but I'm going to tell you anyway. I had had a 'light' visit with Auntie Flo, so again was dissapointed (8months trying), but took note of how light the visit really was. Around the "O" time after that I started to feel sick.... and not just any sick, it felt like morning sickness. If you have ever had morning sickness then you know how it's different than anything else out there. I convinced myself I couldn't be pregnant, however whenever the nausea really kicked in I'd find myself saying "it feels like morning sickness but it can't be" after about a week of my husband hearing me say this, he was tired of it. So we went and bought a test. Came home, ... , then left the test on the bathroom counter and headed to the livingroom. I thought I saw the test changing to a possitive before I'd even put it down, but I know to wait for the indicator window to work otherwise it's false. Orlund stayed with the test. Cracking jokes and teasing me, I couldn't take it, when he finally said the two minutes were up I ran to the bathroom. "well we are obviously pregnant!" he said "it changed right away" I proceeded to jump up and down and yell with excitement... Joy cried... not because she wont be the only child anymore (she doesn't get that yet) but that mom was yelling! after we comforted her we figured it must not have been Auntie Flo who visited. We figured we were due April 5th. (I always wanted an april baby). After I went to the doctor, he suggested a dating ultrasound due to the spotting. So I got to go see a peanut on the screen that had a little spot thumping away (heartbeat). The technician said I was due 5days later than thought, so April 10th is our due date. The day before my 26th birthday!! I've had very bad morning sickness and have dropped around 15lbs. I do have a small baby bump, and today we get to finally hear the heartbeat for the first time!!!! SO EXCITED. which is my cue to get off the computer and get Joy and I dressed so we can catch the bus to take us to the apt.Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment