Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lesson learned?

So. I'm busy. Yup. Busy.
I have a list (you know me, lists keep me sane). And I'm working on it. slowly. I don't think there is any other speed with a new born and toddler at home (with an additional sassy toddler 2 days of the week).

I not only have a list of things I need to get done, however I have goals in mind. Goals of the person, mother, wife, woman I want to be. Goals of my relationship with God. Goals for my marriage. Goals for how my house will be. Just lots of goals, plans and adventures.

For the past few years I've felt like I've been sucked into a 'hole' of just doing but not being awake. I was at a woman's conference and the speaker mentioned that perhaps some of us are just talking in our sleep and not fully awake. Once our feet hit the floor when we are awake we know what we are doing and where we are headed....I don't feel like I know where I'm going, I'm not fully awake. But now I know it! And I'm going to change it. And just since having Olivia I feel like God has helped wake me up! It feels like a breath of fresh air! I'm excited to see who I'll be once I wake up.

I learned a lesson today... Baking Peanut butter cookies, cooking macaroni, nursing a baby and watching the toddlers aren't good to do at the same time! Over cooked the macaroni and burnt the cookies.... OOPS! oh well, I tried!

I know this post jumps around a bit...just tid bits of thoughts as I head off to bed.
Good Night all!
God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment