Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello!

Hello all you wonderful people who stumble upon my blog! It's nice to meet you! I am new to this blog thing, well okay I have another blog that I use to post pictures on, but this is for my ramblings as a first time mom :)
I have a wonderful baby girl who is 14months old...okay okay she's a toddler! Her name is Joy and she is the Joy of our lives. My hubby and I have been married for almost 5 years. We also have a cat "Tipsy" and a bunch of fish, I'm sure I'll talk about all of them at some point. I will post pictures on here, just not as much as I ramble.
Raising a daughter has been quite an adventure so far, it is truely amazing how much someone so little can learn in just one year.... and how she can remember it, wish I had a memory like that! The biggest change in our lives right now? Walking! Joy has mastered the art of walking. She's is beyond crawling "like that was yesterday", and walks everywhere. If you have kids you can reflect (or look forward) to this, you lay your child on the floor, change their diaper and as soon as you have the new one on (sometimes before you get it done up) they roll over, get up and walk away..... WALK away! Okay so she could crawl since 5.5months however walking is just so different. She's a little person! Not that I ever thought of her as anything other than a person, however she seems to have grown up since learning to walk.

Children just get to be more and more fun! My hubby's dad told him this, and he thought "no way, they'll be like puppies. All cute when little then get big and not....so....cute"? I laugh at that. However he's changed his mind. She is way more fun now! When Joy was little, until 3months of age we always had to walk her, bounce her, and heaven forbid if we ever tried to sit down! It was alot of work with alot of crying. My husband had a hard time with that as she'd get real fussy around 4pm right as he got off work, and she'd cry straight through till midnight. We took turns eating while the other bounced her, and we took shifts trying to get her to sleep. Although those months were hard they did pass quickly. At the 3 month mark she completely changed and even started sleeping 13hours through the night! (without waking up once!). Although she reverted to waking again in the night after her 6month shots (and now has just started to sleep through again). Now however she sits and eats with us at the dinner table, sure she eats for an hour longer than we do, but we get to sit as a family. Joy will come and tackle you, giggle, and even blow raspberries on your tummy! So much fun! We take her to the water park when it's warm enough out and let her splash around. Honestly she has just gotten more and more fun, now that she can interact I find my husband more involved as well. Sure he's not the type to change her diaper (that's fine he did when I was in the hospital with her and that works for me), however he now will take her for pony rides and tickle her silly. I love watching them interact and react with one another. So if you have a baby that sounds like mine, don't worry it'll pass! They really do get to be more and more fun as they grow up (now don't ask me about teenagers though!).

Well I think that's enough rambling for my first post, God bless and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment